Pediatric Kidney Transplant
The Pediatric Kidney Transplant Program at Monroe Carell is one of the oldest and largest in the nation. We provide patients with excellent outcomes and access to innovative new research and treatments. By pioneering new approaches, we serve more patients, including those at high risk who may not be candidates for transplantation at other medical centers. As part of the Vanderbilt Transplant Center, we provide world-class expertise and a seamless transition to adult care.
Conditions We Treat
- Alport syndrome
- Berger's disease
- Chronic kidney disease
Meet Your Care Team
We are here to support your child through every step of their transplant journey. Our transplant support staff includes transplant coordinators, financial counselors, child life specialists, social workers and nutrition experts.
- Chronic Kidney Disease, Congenital Anomalies of the Kidneys and Urinary Tract, Glomerulonephritis, Kidney Transplantation, Kidney and Pancreas Transplant, Pediatric Kidney Transplant, Pediatric Nephrology and Hypertension
- Dialysis Access, Kidney and Pancreas Transplant, Laparoscopic Kidney Donor Surgery, Pancreas Transplantation, Pediatric Kidney Transplant, Pediatric Surgery, Renal Transplantation
- Dialysis Access, Kidney and Pancreas Transplant, Laparoscopic and Robotic Donor Surgery, Pancreas Transplantation, Pediatric Kidney Transplant, Pediatric Surgery, Renal Transplantation
- Dialysis Access, Kidney and Pancreas Transplant, Laparoscopic and Robotic Donor Surgery, Pancreas Transplantation, Pediatric Surgery, Renal Transplantation, Renal/Kidney Transplantation
Why Choose the Kidney Transplant Program at Monroe Carell
- Recognized kidney team
Our pediatric nephrology and urology teams are nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report. We are a recognized UNOS partner.
- Seamless, lifelong care
Children who receive a transplant at Monroe Carell receive follow-up care throughout their lives. Studies show that patients have fewer complications and better outcomes when families work closely with a post-transplant medical team. As part of Vanderbilt Transplant Center, we’ll work with our adult counterparts to ensure a seamless transition for your child.
- Living donor kidney program
A living kidney donation reduces the wait time for a healthy kidney and has proven better outcomes. Living donors must be adults, so we work in partnership with our adult team at the Vanderbilt Transplant Center. A living kidney donation from a family member or friend gives a patients a better chance of a longer, healthier life. Learn about becoming a living kidney donor.
- Knowledge and experience
The Vanderbilt Transplant Center provides more lifesaving transplants than any other program in Tennessee. Our specialists have the expertise and advanced training to perform even the most complex transplant procedures with excellent outcomes.
- Team approach
We know our smallest patients require a dedicated team of specialists as knowledgeable as they are comforting in their approach to pediatric care. Our team members collaborate with experts in other medical specialties like cardiology, cardiac surgery, critical care, psychology, pharmacy, social work, nutrition and child life to provide your child with personalized care that addresses their unique needs.
- Innovative research
Our doctors and surgeons are at the forefront of pediatric research and education. Our nationally recognized researchers are committed to finding new ways to better understand, treat and ultimately prevent childhood diseases and maximize child health.