Pediatric Cleft and Craniofacial Care
The Cleft and Craniofacial care team at Monroe Carell brings experts from multiple specialties together to treat your child's cleft lip and palate and other craniofacial disorders. We know these delicate, complex procedures can be difficult to understand. We're here to help with compassionate care tailored to your child and family.
We coordinate care with your child’s primary care doctor for treatment plans that bring lifelong improvements in quality of life and appearance. Our team includes you and experts in the Fetal Center, audiology, genetics, neurosurgery, ophthalmology, dentistry, otolaryngology, plastic surgery, psychology, social work and speech therapy.
Our team of expert, caring providers aims to become global leaders in championing children with cleft and craniofacial differences through exemplary personalized care, continued innovation and education.
Meet Your Care Team
Meet additional program staff members.
- Cleft Lip and Palate, Craniofacial Surgery, Maxillofacial Surgery, Pediatric Plastic Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- ENT Ear, Nose, Throat (Otolaryngology), Head and Neck Cancer, Hearing and Speech, Nose and Sinus Conditions, Otolaryngology, Pediatric Cleft Lip and Palate, Pediatric Otolaryngology
- Congenital Malformations of the Brain and Spinal Cord, Craniofacial Surgery, Neurologic Surgery, Neurological Disorders, Surgery, Neurological Surgery, Orthopaedics, Pediatric Neurologic Surgery
- Breast Reconstructive Surgery, Cleft Lip and Palate, Fetal Surgery for Spina Bifida, Microvascular Reconstructive Surgery, Pediatric Plastic Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Cleft Lip and Palate, Ear Deformities, Facial Paralysis, Hand Surgery, Pediatric Plastic Surgery, Peripheral Nerve, Plastic Surgery
- Audiology, Hearing Aid Services, Hearing Disorders, Hearing Loss, Hearing and Speech Sciences, Otolaryngology, Pediatric Audiology
- Feeding / Swallowing Therapy, Hearing and Speech, Hearing and Speech Sciences, Pediatric Speech Language Pathology, Speech Language Pathology
- Hearing and Speech, Hearing and Speech Sciences, Pediatric Speech Language Pathology, Speech Language Pathology, Speech and Language Disorders
- Cleft Palate, Facial and Jaw Reconstruction, Obstructive Sleep Apnea, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Orthodontics, Skeletal Facial Deformities
- Cleft Lip and Palate, Pediatric Dentistry, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Dental Implant Reconstruction, Facial Trauma, Facial and Jaw Reconstruction, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Skeletal Facial Deformities, Total TM Joint Replacement
Why Choose Cleft and Craniofacial Care at Monroe Carell
- Coordinated care
Our care team works with surgeons and specialists to establish a relationship with your family and provide personalized team-based care. We bring together experts in pediatric care and surgery throughout Monroe Carell to ensure your child has the most comprehensive care possible. Our dedicated patient navigator will guide your family through every appointment.
- Expert care
Our specialists are among the best in the country, having trained at some of the most renowned surgery fellowship programs. They bring a compassionate, patient-based approach to treatments for craniosynostosis and other syndromes. Our program tailors treatment to your child, including endoscopic-assisted craniosynostosis repair, open repair and cranial vault distraction.
- Recognized care
We are nationally accredited by the American Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Association (ACPA). This means we meet that organization’s highest standards for medical care. Our program meets the national regulations for treatment of cleft palate and craniofacial problems.
- Collaborative care
Ours is one of few cleft and craniofacial programs that feature on-site dental and orthodontic experts. They often take part in our routine evaluations and can offer your child ongoing care. We are proud to offer nasoalveolar molding (NAM) to aid in the success of cleft repair. Many of our consultations for NAM can take place in our pioneering Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
Learn More about the Cleft & Craniofacial Program
Tests, Treatments and Services
We offer a full range of tests, treatments and services, including:
- Cleft rhinoplasty
- Endoscopic craniosynostosis repair
- Helmet molding therapy
- Lip reconstruction surgery
- Post-trauma cranial and facial reconstruction
- Reconstructive palate surgery