Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology
The Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology care team of board-certified obstetrician-gynecologists at Vanderbilt offers evidence-based gynecologic care for children and teenagers up to age 19. We evaluate and treat young patients with our special interest and expertise in pediatric and adolescent care. Our youngest pediatric patients receive family-centered care in a positive atmosphere.
Patients with certain conditions may require surgical intervention. Depending on age, they will receive expert surgical care at Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt or Gynecologic Surgery at Vanderbilt University Hospital.
Meet Your Care Team
- Adolescent and Young Adult Health, General Obstetrics, Gynecologic Surgery, Gynecology, Menstrual Disorders, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology
- Abnormal Uterine Bleeding, General Gynecology, General Obstetrics, Gynecology, Obstetrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Why Choose Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology at Vanderbilt
- Positive care experiences
We seek to gradually build health care autonomy in our adolescent patients in areas such as contraception, and create early positive experiences in women’s health that encourage healthy habits for life.
- Experienced care
Our team features board-certified gynecologic surgeons who provide a precise level of care at Vanderbilt without having to see an outside specialist. We also have the only specialists in Nashville who are board certified in both pediatric and adult obstetrics.
- Transition to adult care
Our team of pediatric and adult specialists provides adolescent patients with a bridge to adult care. We help move patients toward greater independence as they transition to adulthood, helping them to accept more responsibility for their ongoing health needs.
Tests, Treatments and Services
We offer a full range of tests, treatments and services, including:
- Birth control counseling
- Long-acting reversible contraception (IUDs, implants)
- STI testing and treatment
- Surgical management as needed