If your child has a complex aerodigestive disorder, you need comprehensive care from a team of experts working together to provide the best possible treatment. Our team at Monroe Carell evaluates and cares for chronically ill children with complex airway (voice box, windpipe), pulmonary (lung), upper digestive tract (esophagus, stomach), sleep and feeding disorders.
Meet Your Care Team
- Esophageal Diseases, Functional Bowel Disorder, Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD), Interventional Endoscopy, Nutrition, Pediatric Gastroenterology, Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
- Aerodigestive Diseases, Asthma, Chronic Mechanical Ventilation, Obstructive Sleep Apnea, Pediatric Pulmonary Medicine, Sleep, Sleep Medicine
- Breathing Disorders, ENT Ear, Nose, Throat (Otolaryngology), Otolaryngology, Otolaryngology Surgery, Pediatric Airway Reconstruction, Pediatric Ear, Nose, and Throat Conditions, Pediatric Otolaryngology
- Airway Reconstruction, Breathing Disorders, ENT Ear, Nose, Throat (Otolaryngology), Hearing Loss, Otolaryngology, Pediatric Ear, Nose, and Throat Conditions, Pediatric Otolaryngology
- Aerodigestive Diseases, Asthma, Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia, Cystic Fibrosis, Pediatric Allergy and Immunology, Pediatric Pulmonary Diseases, Pediatric Pulmonary Medicine
- ENT Ear, Nose, Throat (Otolaryngology), Otolaryngology, Pediatric Ear, Nose, and Throat Conditions, Pediatric Otolaryngology, Sleep Disorders
- Esophageal Diseases, Functional Bowel Disorder, Nutrition, Pediatric Gastroenterology, Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
Why Choose the Aerodigestive Clinic at Children‘s Hospital
- Collaborative care
Your child will see our team of specialists in one appointment and in one room. These specialists work together during the appointment, communicate with each other and share a single record to determine the best plan of care for your child.
- Coordinated care
If your child needs further evaluation in the operating room, we use anesthesia only once and schedule procedures to be done at the same time. This helps our team to review your child’s tests together and compare results, and keeps your child from having to get anesthesia for separate procedures.
- Convenient care
Combining clinic visits, diagnostic procedures and operating room visits offers your child higher quality care, less discomfort and fewer hospital and clinical visits. By coordinating evaluations from our clinics, laboratories, radiologists and surgeons, we provide answers to difficult questions as quickly as possible.
Tests, Treatments and Services
We offer a full range of tests, treatments and services, including:
- Long segment colonic interposition for esophageal atresia
- Tracheal resection
- Videofluoroscopic swallow studies