As one of the nation's largest and highly ranked pediatric cardiology programs, the Pediatric Heart Institute's Cardiology Clinic at Monroe Carell treats known or suspected congenital or childhood heart differences prior to birth and to adulthood.
Our pediatric heart experts offer highly personalized, family-focused cardiac care to guide your family through second opinion, diagnosis, treatment and management.
We know finding answers brings peace of mind, especially when it comes to your child. We can typically schedule an appointment with you within one to two days.
Meet Your Care Team
- General Pediatric Cardiology, Pediatric Cardiology, Pediatric Congenital Heart Disease, Pediatric Heart
- Cardio-Oncology, Cardiovascular Medicine, Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy, Mechanical Circulatory Support, Pediatric Cardiology, Pediatric Congenital Heart Disease, Pediatric Heart
- Adult Congenital Heart and Valve Disease, Cardiac Surgery, Pediatric Cardiac Surgery, Pediatric Heart Transplant, Pediatric Surgery
- Cardiac Imaging, Cardiovascular MRI, General Pediatric Cardiology, Heart Murmurs, Pediatric Cardiology, Pediatric Congenital Heart Disease, Pediatric Heart
- Arrhythmia and Electrophysiology, Congenital Heart Disease, Electrophysiology/ Arrhythmia/ Palpitations, General Pediatric Cardiology, Pediatric Cardiology, Pediatric Heart
- Fetal Cardiology, General Pediatric Cardiology, Pediatric Cardiology, Pediatric Heart
Why Choose Cardiology Clinic at Vanderbilt
- Pediatric heart excellence
The Pediatric Heart Institute at Monroe Carell is recognized as one of the nation’s best by U.S. News & World Report for delivering leading-edge, compassionate care to children. Our program is also recognized as an Aetna Pediatric Heart Disease Center of Excellence.
- Recognized care
High quality care and specialized disease management has led to our accreditation by the Children's Cardiomyopathy Foundation (CCF), a national non-profit committed to improving health outcomes and quality of life for children with cardiomyopathy.
- Coordinated care
We treat all congenital and acquired heart conditions in children, and we provide second opinions on diagnoses you may have received from other providers. As part of a comprehensive academic medical center, we also provide a seamless transition of care from childhood into adulthood.
- Experienced care
Monroe Carell is a part of Vanderbilt Health, one of the top heart transplant programs in the world, providing patients with outstanding outcomes and access to innovative new research and treatments.
- Dedicated intensive care
Our Heart Institute space at Monroe Carell features 38 dedicated inpatient cardiac beds and 19 Pediatric Cardiac Intensive Care Unit beds, with equipment sized just for kids.
- Specialized anesthesiology care
Our team of pediatric cardiac anesthesiologists and cardiac certified registered nurse anesthetists have specialized training and experience in providing anesthetics during heart surgeries for children. We carefully select these experts to join the Monroe Carell staff after they complete years of additional training in this field.